top of page

Panorama & Passes (PD)

SKU Walk13


Ascent (Feet): 1740


We begin this spectacular circular walk in Barmouth, ascending the town's famous Panorama Walk up to Dinas Oleu, which in 1885, was the first piece of land ever given to the National Trust by benefactor Fanny Talbot.


We will also pass the Frenchman's Grave, last resting place of Auguste Guyard who was given a home at Dinas Oleu by writer and philosopher John Ruskin.


Continuing, we traverse Bwlch y Llan to reach an ancient stone circle at Cerrig Arthur (Arthur's Seat), before crossing Bwlch y Rhiwgyr, the Pass of the Drovers, where cattle were driven through the Rhinogydd mountains to market in England. Remains of a once flourishing manganese mining industry are seen as we return on the other side of the pass to Barmouth.

Only 9 left in stock

What Three Words




Start Time



8 Miles


6 Hours

Public Transport


Dog Friendly?


bottom of page